Released on 2021-03-16.
Best known as fierce raiders from a land of snow and legend, the Norse were a complex society where loyalty was based on more than a noble bloodline. Leaders had to prove themselves as warriors, yes, but also as judges and governors.
Northern Lords offer new events and cultural themes related to Norse society:
- Norse Adventurer Realms: Norse characters may abandon their own homes and lead hosts into foreign lands to establish their own kingdoms.
- Jomsvikings and Shieldmaidens: Norse holy warriors and stalwart shieldmaidens take up arms on your behalf, while poet characters can compose stinging rebukes or romantic overtures.
- New Cultural Content: Special Norse dynastic legacies, Norse blot sacrifices, trials by combat and cultural innovations, as well as numerous new events for additional color.
- New Art and Music: Original art and musical score to enhance your playing experience.
- And more: Berserkers, runestones, Varangian adventurers, new decisions and other highlights from the exciting history of the Norse people.
Released on 2022-05-31.
The sun-kissed lands of Iberia await your glorious rule. Deeply rich in history, culture and people, the peninsula's medieval destiny is ready to be shaped by your majestic hand, be it clad in conciliatory velvet or as an iron fist.
You decide on the fate of a lively and complex region across realms and cultures. Be the one to unite Iberia under a single banner, or watch as conflict marks generations to come.
The Fate of Iberia lies in your hands
- "The Struggle" is an expansive new feature simulating multi-stage, large-scale conflicts across decades or even centuries.
- You tell the ever-evolving saga of Iberia with each decision you make. Appeasing or hostile, influence the constant turmoil on the peninsula to your liking during each phase of the Struggle.
- Follow the path of history with a definite end goal in mind or play out a completely new fate for the region. Be the early founder of a Hispania steeped in blood, or bring together a multicultural caliphate in peace.
Embrace the uniqueness of Iberia
- Step up and discover an Iberian peninsula brought fully to life, with new art, music, models, costumes and characters, events, and more.
- A dazzling array of new thematic events, decisions, and cultural traditions unique to Iberia can be explored. All are historically accurate and meticulously researched.
- Dress up your character as a true hidalgo or a Muslim prince, or choose your pick from well-groomed beards and curly hair, armor, clothes, new turban styles, or some of the tallest headgear medieval Europe has to offer!
- A host of new 3D models and environments, including holdings, units and ships, can be encountered.
- Not only are a series of new Iberian-inspired artifacts, heirlooms and treasures yours for the taking, Crusader Kings III: Royal Court owners are also able to display their full regalia in their personal court. A new throne, council weapons, treasures, and other themed customization options will enrich your courtroom even further!
- Get carried away by the richly themed soundtrack, as you admire the stunning new art, from loading screens to icons and revamped user interface.