|Please help improve this article or section by expanding it with: How to roll back the game if playing on the Microsoft Store.|
Patches and hotfixes are free updates for Crusader Kings III, though they are different in purpose:
- Patches fix many bugs and/or implement balance tweaks. They are sometimes released alongside a new, major DLC; when this occurs a portion of the DLC's features are usually shipped as part of the coinciding free patch, thus made available to anyone who has the base game.
- Hotfixes are very small updates to the game that usually fix only a few bugs and may contain a few changes to the gameplay as well. Hotfixes are commonly released shortly after major patches to fix any unforeseen bugs that came with the previous update, or independently to fix newly-discovered bugs or exploits.
- Note that newer DLCs cannot be activated if you're playing on an older patch version. This also applies to mods, which have various levels of compatibility with new patches.
|1.3||2021-03-16||7f4e||Major patch (aka "Corvus")|
|1.2||2020-11-24||d5f5||Major patch (aka "Argent")|
|1.1||2020-09-29||260a||Major patch (aka "Chevron")|
Each patch has an associated checksum that allows to verify the installation is correct.
It is displayed in multiple places:
- In the Join Game screen, top right.
- In the Host Game screen, under the Game Info tab in the top right.
- After creating a multiplayer game, under Game Settings tab on the left.
Patches, specially major ones, can introduce anomalies or incompatibilities with save files from older versions. In this case, a player can roll back to a previous version in order to preserve their current playthrough.
- On Steam, right-click on the game in your library and select "Properties" then "Betas." In the "Select the beta you would like to opt in" dropdown, choose any past version of the game.